Lighthouse Pantry – supporting local families
The Lighthouse Pantry – supporting local families.
The Lighthouse Pantry is a membership based food club helping people to reduce weekly food costs and keep more money in their household, it was started in December 2018 and formally opened in March 2019.
Weekly Opening times are: Tuesday’s, Thursday’s and Friday’s 9:30am-12:30pm.
The project is a membership based club and eligibility and usage conditions apply to make sure that the Pantry is used to make the most impact. More information is provided in the application form.
To become a member fill in the application form and bring it back to us along with some proof of address. We will check your eligibility and then confirm your membership after which you can then start using the Pantry once a week to save yourself some money.
- Due to high demand for the Pantry on a Thursday new members will initially be asked to use the Pantry on a Tuesday or a Friday.
- Pantry is about support, it is not a replacement for all of your food shopping. It is a way of saving you money on your weekly food costs, to leave you with more to spend on other household bills.
- The items we have in the Pantry will vary from week-to-week. Our food comes from Supermarket surplus to prevent waste & to help Pantry members save money on their food. We work on a fair share basis to help all members.
- Weekly costs are just £3.50 for 10 items plus 4 free items of fruit or veg.
- The average retail value of a weekly visit is £15-25 depending upon the stock available.
To find out more call into the Lighthouse Project and ask our volunteers for a leaflet and membership form.
You can also download them here – Lighthouse Pantry Flyer, and Lighthouse Pantry Membership form v4 2020
This is a project that we are running in conjunction with a few other organisations, Your Local Pantry, Church Action on Poverty, and Fareshare, and it is aimed at helping people to keep more disposable income in the household for other things by helping them to save money on their weekly food costs.
Keep in Contact
via email – email@example.com, or via @YLPLighthouse on Twitter and Facebook