How does a Work Club work?
Simply through providing and supportingindividual empowerment .
Instead of promoting top-down state prescribed solutions Work Club members are empowered to collaborate with others to help themselves.
By helping people take ownership of their own job seeking in a safe space.
Work Clubs function on several levels:
- Taking individual responsibility brings purpose and serves to raise self-esteem.
- Helping one another expands networks, allows rejection/failures to be shared and successes celebrated.
- Engaging with the community to help find work is also good for social cohesion as everyone shares in the process.
- Addressing the specific needs of the locally unemployed people in the community where they operate.
- By working in partnership with others such as local Chambers of Commerce, major employers, Job Centre Plus, CAB, Local Councils and other relevant organisations.
- Work Clubs can combine local expertise to help produce successful outcomes and improve employment opportunities.